[UK-CONTEST] Guying a "lugless" Versatower

Regwoolley at aol.com Regwoolley at aol.com
Sun Aug 28 13:41:20 PDT 2011

While I was at G6RAF at RAF North Luffenham. We had a P60 HD at the club.
It was on a very exposed site. What we did was to use Preformed Dead Ends.
On  the tower, then marine grade 12 mm rope. It worked fine. However the dead
ends  MUST be used with the correct size rope.

I must add anyone that would want to leave a tower fully up in high winds
is barking mad. I would much prefer to get the thing down the slow way than
seeing it crash the fast way!

Reg G8VHI

In a message dated 28/08/2011 16:19:53 GMT Daylight Time, G3RAU at aol.com