[UK-CONTEST] 70MHz UKAC tonight

Eddie G0EHV g0ehv at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 30 06:52:00 PDT 2011

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris G4FZN" <ukcontest at mailbox01.freeserve.co.uk>
To: <uk-contest at contesting.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 30, 2011 1:58 PM
Subject: [UK-CONTEST] 70MHz UKAC tonight

> Just re-reading the rules before tonight's 70MHz UKAC, and noticed that
> rule
> S8 says that at the end of the year, an overall score will be calculated
> from the best 8 normalised scores. I can't see how this is possible when
> there are only four 70MHz activity contests during the year. So, does
> anyone
> know if ALL the sessions count towards the end-of-year score, or is it
> maybe
> three out of the four? The reason I'm asking is that I didn't enter the
> first one, and whereas one can afford to miss the occasional session on
> other VHF bands, it seems that to miss a Tuesday evening session on this
> band leaves someone with a lot of catching up to do.
>

> Chris
>
> G4FZN

Hello Chris,
Last year was scored on all 4 sessions.
I didn't get out /P on the last one, only making 1 QSO from home.

Agree, if you miss a session it makes a big dent in the year end scores!

You out tonight? I've just packed the car and it's raining here, hopefully
will stop to enable set up in the dry /P.

Regards,
Eddie
G0EHV