[UK-CONTEST] OT - Triangular Array

David g3yyd at btinternet.com
Tue Dec 6 12:59:27 PST 2011

There is a very good book on vertical phased arrays and how to measure, feed
and adjust them. John ON4UN's book, Low Band DXing. In the fifth edition you
need to look at page 11-89. Previous pages are required reading to
understand how they work and how to make them work.

With a vertical phased array it is very easy to get a reasonable forward
gain and some Front to Rear/side. However to get excellent Front to
Back/Side is where measurement and adjustment effort is required.

73 David