[UK-CONTEST] Beru 2012 - Team Competition.

Peter Hobbs peter at tilgate.co.uk
Thu Dec 8 18:25:22 PST 2011

Hi Brian

Only the numbers have changed.  The remaining team rules are unchanged.
Hence a "captain" is needed for each team of 5, which must be nominated
in advance of the off.  You're right in that the main drive behind this
change was to allow areas with fewer available entrants to field a full
team.

As an example, it is possible that independent Med and Caribbean (or
southern americas) teams could emerge, which could limit the scope for
ROC.  Note that a ROC team cannot recruit members from call areas which
are represented in other teams, but this limitation does not apply to
teams in nominated geographical regions (e.g. VE3 could figure in more
than one Canadian team, if such should emerge).  However, there is
nothing to prevent ROC from picking up members from any area which is
not actually represented in any of the other teams.

In the case of multiple team entries from (e.g.) VE, VK or ZL, there is
currently no need for these to be regionally based - this would be at
the discretion of team captains, who may decided to name their teams
geographically, or in any other way they choose.

I hope this doesn't come over as overly complex - the idea of the change
was to give as much flexibility in team formation as reasonably possible.

As Bob has indicated in his BERU website, all team nominations are very
welcome from established or new team captains - note that your team
doesn't need to be finalised until shortly before the start of the event.

73, Peter G3LET
Team Competition Umpire