[UK-CONTEST] Fwd: Re: RSGB Contests 2012

g3ory at lineone.net g3ory at lineone.net
Thu Dec 15 05:04:24 PST 2011

Andy,

You are right I think. The link from the RSGB Info page appears to
bring up the list of Affiliated Societies with a National recruitment
and does not seem to bring up the much larger list of all affiliated
societies as it should do.  I am copying this reply to the RSGB IT guru
so that he can take a look to see if it can be fixed.

73 Bob

G3ORY

website

>to find the page listing affiliated clubs in your region that can't be

>complete list either. Granta CG isn't listed in Region 12, for
example.

>Granta CG is affiliated - I know because I pay the affiliated club

>subscription (did so very recently). It's also worth pointing out
that

>the model constitution doesn't say anywhere (that I can see) that a

>'usual meeting place' must be defined. We affiliate these days

>principally for the insurance benefits.

>Having said that, I'm broadly in favour of the changes.

>73 Andy, G4KNO.

>On 12/14/2011 07:21 PM, g3ory at lineone.net wrote:

>> Dave,

>> Go to

>> http://www.rsgb.org/rsgbinfo/affsocs.php
>> where there is a
complete

>> list of the Societies affiliated to the RSGB.
>>
>> I do agree with you
>> about the distance limit although I
must stress that it makes no

>> difference to my Club, so I can take a view devoid of self
interest.

>> 73 Bob

>>> Subj: [UK-

>> CONTEST] Fwd: Re:  RSGB Contests 2012

>>> Bob,

>>> True enough. So

>> they just need to inform us which Clubs are Affiliated.

>>> Certainly not

>> all of those on the drop-down list on the log submission site.

>>> I

>> wonder why we couldn't have the same radial distance limit as for
AFS

>>> Contests? Some of us will be forced to change or split our

>> allegiancies!

>>> I would have thought harmonisation of Rules would have

>> been something to

>>> strive for.

>>> 73 Dave G3TBK

>>> On