[UK-CONTEST] 2m UKAC - Correction

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Sat Jan 8 10:35:50 PST 2011

Hi all,

A few days ago I wrote that the claimed scores thus far for last Tuesday's 2m UKAC identified more stations had worked over 100 contacts than any month last year.
This was wrong and I do apologise.
I was obviously looking at results for an earlier year than 2010.
I spotted my error whilst looking at squares totals this month against previous results under M2.

The maximum worked appears to be 21, by G4RRA (IO80), G4DEZ (JO03) and G0VVE (IO91), with M0GHZ/P (IO81) close behind on 20. With the exception of G4DEZ, all in very southern parts of the UK and therefore displaying that area has not suffered under M5 as much as some would have us believe.
There are I believe 44 potential squares of which 2 are un-inhabited.
If Ian is still adjudicating this event, it would be interesting to get an idea of actually how many were activated each seesion from within his results commentary.
As the radio community becomes more aware of M5 then in time we could see some interesting locator squares activated for events. I will endeavor to activate IO76XA myself a number of times if someone isn't up there before me!

73 Ray GM4CXM