[UK-CONTEST] AFS CW

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Tue Jan 11 08:17:38 PST 2011

On 11 Jan 2011 at 15:51, QUENTIN COLLIER wrote:

> Anyway I'd be pleased to see a few more reports (actually keen to poach
> a bit of inside info on how to do it better) so come on chaps - do share
> yor experiences!

Well  if Quentin is 'middle ranking' then I am definitely in the lower
quartile.... 146 QSOs, slightly up on last year, running my normal K2
QRP into a low 65ft longwire.

First hour was great with 62 QSOs, next hour 40 then it really started
to drop off - mainly because I had worked all the big boys and doing
mainly S&P picked up very few of the other S&P chaps. CQ is always hard
going on QRP, but I did get a few contacts that way. And yes, loads of
GMs, but no GI, GU, GJ...

But not a big turnout from the Bracknell club despite a publicity
drive. Only Bill G7PVZ came on to support us, and he made a very useful
70 QSOs on QRP from a much lousier QTH than mine.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com