[UK-CONTEST] AFS CW

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Tue Jan 11 08:29:59 PST 2011

Ok, I guess I'll join in - not being very competent with morse and still learning, I used the contest as a training exercise - I listened and tried to read the code, doing my best to ignore the K3 which is far better at reading morse than I am :-(.
It took me quite a few mins to get most callsigns, but then everyone seemed to be working at more than 12 WPM, HiHi.
Once I'd got the callsign, I'd check what the K3 was saying it was - I guess I got about 90% right.

I only worked out about 16 calls, since I as doing other things too and most were far too fast for me to follow. Getting the 599 and serial was pretty easy, but then it's almost always the same.
Different preambles, like 'test' or 'tst', 'cq test' and even 'cq cq test de' were interesting.
I didn't feel competent to respond, because most were far to fast.
I had a key ready, but I didn't hear one single call in the whole 4 hrs in the QRS corral, so didn't Tx.
But for me it was worthwhile.
--
73 de M0XDF