[UK-CONTEST] N1MM

dave daveg3tbk at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 21 02:26:23 PST 2011

Nubsey,

I certainly wouldn't be paying - N1MM does it fine as far as I'm concerned.

As Rob points put, it does show a QSO on the "other" mode as a dupe but
nevertheless logs it OK.
In the unlikely event of working so many that you can't actually
remember whether you are working a dupe, a glance at the bottom of the
log window shows the previous QSO with its mode.

I'm sure the N1MM team will correct this if it is notified to them, but
it has seemed so trivial to me that I have not bothered.

I like the ease of switching the station between modes with one mouse click.

Very long skip again last night, and a lot of QRM from overdriven rigs
on PSK.
I suspect some are still forgetting to remove microphones and switch off
speech processors. Its also worth checking the purity of the audio from
the PC - some stations could be read on their fundamental audio freq and
up to 4th harmonic - and answers on those harmonic freqs are just a
waste of time! If not sure of the purity of the audio, when CQing select
an audio freq in the upper half of the audio passband - at least then
the harmonics will be suppressed by the ssb filter in the rig.

56 QSO's here, just 16 on PSK31 .

Dave G3TBK