[UK-CONTEST] Microham Microkeyer and connections

CHRIS COLCLOUGH chrisg1vdp at btinternet.com
Wed Jan 26 15:47:52 PST 2011

Hello all,

Sorry for the cross posting to start with, I know a number of you subscribe to
both reflectors.

Is there any one on either reflector using the Microham Microkeyer for there
digimodes? I have just obtained a Microham Microkey 1 with all the leads to go
on to the FT1000MP MkV, but I can't get it to work. Now looking at the leads it
looks like there should be a phono type plug on a spare wire for the 13.5V
output from the radio, am I right in thinking this? Or am I getting my wires
crossed? (Excuse the pun, but I have seen worse on here!) All other leads are
clearly marked (RTTY, Packet, AF, etc) apart from this blue one.

Any help is most appreciated.

many thanks in advance

Chris Colclough
G1VDP
http://www.g1vdp.com
http://www.mc0shl.com

"If you ain't the lead dog, the scenery never changes"

Tel: 024 7673 5940
Mob: 07505 359709
QTHR