[UK-CONTEST] More Planning Traumas in Lincolnshire - just over a week of consultation to go

Nick Totterdell ntotterdell at riverauto.co.uk
Tue Mar 22 02:39:23 PDT 2011

Sorry if this is a little OT but I believe that planning is the
strongest limiting factor to UK radio contest success. I went to
Sorrento recently - where amid the amazing history and geology of the
bay of Naples - there are tribanders sprouting from virtually every
rooftop.

You may remember the story that led to my winning a significant amateur
radio planning appeal, having already bought a different holiday house!
I was partly misled in buying this other house by the RSGB planning info
which at that time stated in error that planning is not needed if
something is only up for 21 days of the year - unfortunately this does
not apply in the garden of a house. This eventual planning success set a
precedent that could help you with a future planning application and the
comments from members of this group did help.

So having bought the wrong house I would now appreciate a little support
for my latest planning application. This will only take a couple of
minutes. If you are in Lincolnshire then so much the better but if you
are anywhere else on the planet please don't let this deter you! Some
ten of the CDXC group have posted a message - thanks for that.  A few
comments from really remote amateurs would be good for my morale and
will amuse the planners, if not being ultimately significant!

The opposing faction are gaining momentum with comments beginning to
trickle in from remote friends of the only two households who appear to
be against the application.

It was stated in the determination of my previous planning appeal that
letters received from supporters outside the area, who are other amateur
radio enthusiasts showing their general support for a proposal, are a
material consideration - so please don't let geography put you off. If
you had a contact with M3W in IOTA 2010 or G4FAL in Beru 2011 or 1st
160m RSGB this year, then you could say that this would not have
happened had it not been for my having aerials at Theddlethorpe.

Many of my neighbours at this house have been extremely supportive -
seven immediate very close neighbours have registered their support.

Anyway, a message can be very simple just explaining that you are a
fellow enthusiast who would like to register your support - or whatever
you might wish to say. If you have any questions then please email me.

see http://www.theddlethorpe.org.uk/planning.htm - you can read all the
comments to date on the East Lindsey website by following the links.

Also if anyone can remember G3PBX - F.B. Sear who lived at Twyford
House, Sea Lane, Theddlethorpe, Mablethorpe, Lincs  certainly from
1966-1982, then I would be interested to hear about him. His former
house is only a matter of 100m from my house. Amateur radio is not new
to this village!

Many thanks Nick G4FAL