[UK-CONTEST] 50MHz UKAC: Who did we miss?

Alex GM3ZBE alex at gm3zbe.plus.com
Fri Mar 25 23:28:05 PDT 2011

I notice this "deaf" station business quite a lot. I am talking about
sigs which are genuine S7 to S9 but do not respond when I call and they
just carry on CQ'ing.  I am running legal limit on 6M, so it's not lack
of power at this end?
Alex GM3ZBE

On 25/03/2011 19:06, Eddie G0EHV wrote:
> Hello,
> I was active in this session /P for the first time this year.
>
> I notice that some stations are always difficult to call and some always
> hear me first time.
> I suspect that the apparent "deaf" ones are probably subject to local noise
> and/or local QRM, it must be difficult in "QRM alley" (aka IO83) to pick out
> the weaker ones!
> Hopefully I'm not being called very often and not responding.
>
> Being in a remote noise free area (IO84) I hear some strange things, for
> example there were two of the well placed stations both working same
> frequency at the same time and not a million miles apart from each other! I
> worked one and turned the beam to work the other. Strange thing was that
> both of them were doing well with a string of QSO's oblivious to each other.
>
> As far as a squares analysis goes, I'd be interested in how many calls were
> logged per square, not neccessarily the call signs.
>
> Regards,
> Eddie
> Usually G0EHV/P

73 Alex, GM3ZBE ~~~ Kingdom of Fife ~~~ IO86lf ~~~
Member of:
De Montfort University ARS, GMDX Group, CDXC, RSGB
Founder member Kingdom Amateur Radio Society (KARS)
Holder of GM4BRN club call http://www.kars.org.uk/
Previous callsigns GM8BYG, G3ZBE

Remember..............It's only a hobby!
When the going get's tough..........take a nap!!