[UK-CONTEST] Masters Degree Project on Amateur Radio

Nick Totterdell ntotterdell at riverauto.co.uk
Sat Mar 26 09:24:53 PDT 2011

Mike M0ASA and I were interviewed recently as part of a radio related
master's degree project on amateur radio. I was sent an MP3 file by Tom
Bonnett today and have put it up for you to listen to. If you would like
to do that then please go to http://www.theddlethorpe.org.uk/radio.htm.
The junk sale was at Mike's club - Southgate - and our QSO was on 80m.
Not sure it makes amateur radio sound very exciting! I did talk about
contests and had a cw QSO too but Tom couldn't fit it all in.

If anyone can suggest a more elegant way to embed an MP3 file that will
work on iPhones then please let me know. Flash players seem to fail.

Oh and please support my planning application from the same site when
you have listened to the file. Its all got delayed now and the very few
opposing neighbours will have much more time to whip up some opposition.
The parish council have voted to oppose the application but this was by
no means a unanimous vote.

Cheers.
73 Nick G4FAL