[UK-CONTEST] SSB FD GW6GW/P

Christopher Plummer plummerc42 at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 5 22:19:10 PDT 2011

Alex,

I agree with the comment, last weekend used to be shoulder to shoulder on 6,2,70 &23 when it was VHF NFD, and more recent times on 2m in the Trophy event.  BUT, this weekend proved that few are willing to go out in the field on 2m, or even actually come on from home to work those that do go out.

Figure this, I worked more stations on 4m last tuesday evening in 2.5 hours(65), than were active on the same band in the 4m Trophy event in 6 hours (62) !!!! (last 2 hours of that was a waste of time)

Should we blame the recession ?? or that no-one has any money left after we are taxed to pay off a debt we didn't create ?? Born Free and Taxed to Death.... a sign I saw on the back of a white van recently...  Is Amateur Radio dying off as the active ones drop off the ir perches?

Back to the shack and beer fridge for another bottle.

Chris G8APB