[UK-CONTEST] SSB FD GW6GW/P

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Tue Sep 6 01:02:14 PDT 2011

Like Blackwood the Dragon club in the Celtic north had a good turn out of fresh licensees and those wanting to have a 'go' at contesting. Despite some of these expressing interest previously none had downloaded or used our logging program N1MM before and most required 'live' tutoring and encouragement. I'm happy to do this if it weren't for the suspicion based on previous evidence that most will now go away and do no more contesting until the next club event.

Some did seem genuinely inspired so my thoughts are maybe to set up a club contest ladder based on certain upcoming contests (cqww ssb..?); work a minimum number of Qs (50, 100?) and get your call in the ascending list which will appear in the newsletter, website etc. Some rules - must use N1MM, must produce a cabrillo file, log in real time and maybe our own mult system (extra for Run Qs?).

Any other suggestions..?

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF