[UK-CONTEST] 144Mhz Trophy --lack of activity

Roger Thawley roger.thawley at sky.com
Fri Sep 9 03:07:13 PDT 2011

George,
	I agree entirely with your point about new entrants having access to
HF from the outset and agree that it was a mistake to allow this. The
ability to run higher power is a poor choice of incentive to progress
through license levels.

I'd have voted for a licensing arrangement along the lines of:

Level one - 6M and up - 100w max.
Level two - 6M and up - 400w max, HF - 100w max.
Level three - Access all areas - 1kW max.

Roger, G0BSU