[UK-CONTEST] Fishing line as support

Richard Byford g4mkr at sparkle.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 01:11:02 PDT 2011

Hi Rob,

I've  used 8lb bs fishing line, but doubled up. However I discovered a
problem  with  using  fishing  line in that birds can't see it. It was
rather  unpleasant  to  see  a  seagull caught by one wing in the line
trying  to  get  free. Fortunately I heard the noise it was making and
quickly  managed to set it free.  You could of course use some form of
visible  markers  on  the  line,  but  if  you  are  trying to make it
invisible it defeats the object.

73,
Richard
G4MKR