[UK-CONTEST] Field Day - was N1MM and IPv6

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Tue Aug 21 16:19:20 EDT 2012

On 21/08/2012 20:50, Adrian MW1LCR / GW9X wrote:

<snip>

> My understanding of the implication of the "Packet Connection" **rule**
> within the SSB FD rule set is that of yours. The station is isolated
> from all "normal utilities" and therefore "normal" Internet type access
> to the packet network.

I'm prepared to repeat myself as often as
necessary until my point is addressed.

   It seems to me this networking and internet
   carry-on is particularly inappropriate in the
   context of Field Day.  Why not use Skype and
   be done with it?

The method of connecting to the internet makes
no difference.  What's relevant is that it is
being used in Field Day to find or facilitate
QSOs.  What is the point of setting up an amateur
radio station in a field and then connecting to
the internet?  Yes, I know it's permitted - but
that serves only to bring Field Day rules into
disrepute.

73,
Paul EI5DI

ps - if Skype is a step too far, then CQ100
might do nicely.