[UK-CONTEST] N1MM and IPv6

Chris G3SJJ g3sjj at btinternet.com
Tue Aug 21 16:39:56 EDT 2012

Thanks for the info Adrian, most useful. I normally use "patch" cables into a Router and crossover just between two computers.

Now for an embarrassing confession! The IPv4 / IPv6 problem wasn't really that at all! Robert M0VFC identified that the problem could be in my BT
Router and it was! A Reset sorted the problem out and now I am seeing the expected 192.168.etc sequence.

The main problem at present is that Windows 7 and XP don't communicate well so I still am unable to network between the two laptops.

As regards Cluster access this is not really a problem in terms of rules although in practice in the past it hasn't been easy to achieve.

I am again reminded of an instance quite a few years ago now when I was IOTA Contest Manager. I had a phone call from a Scottish group complaining
that another Scottish group had broken the Rules. The accusation was that the group had been operating from a hotel and using mains electricity. Yes,
so? It was another case of UK stations trying to read more into the rules in order to make it more difficult for themselves and others.

Enjoy.  Chris G3SJJ