[UK-CONTEST] Field Day - was N1MM and IPv6

Robert Chipperfield robert at syxis.co.uk
Tue Aug 21 16:11:48 EDT 2012

Hi both,

Without a discussion of what the rules *should* be (the litmus test
forum seems a better place for that, at the moment), here's the relevant
current rules, as far as I can tell:

- "Equipment and antennas for packet radio access above 30MHz may also
be used if desired." - no mention that they must be in amateur bands,
and no prohibition of cellular data use (which is packet-based, radio
based, and above 30MHz).

- General rule 5.c specifies only that mains *power *must not be used -
it makes no reference to other utilities.

Given the combination of these two, there simply doesn't seem to exist
any rule which prohibits the use of 3G dongles, Wi-Fi links (whether in
the amateur bands or otherwise), or anything else for cluster access.

Paul - you may think there should be, and maybe in the future there will
be, but this year, I'm pretty sure there isn't.

73,
Rob, M0VFC