[UK-CONTEST] HF NFD RESULTS PUBLISHED

David g3yyd at btinternet.com
Thu Aug 30 09:39:48 EDT 2012

Ultimately the rules are judged by the participants or lack of them.

If the numbers are going down then draw the obvious conclusion.

I am a great believer in the adage 'Keep It Simple Stupid'.

By the way look at this set of field day rules:
http://www.arrl.org/files/file/Field-Day/2012/2012-FD-Rules.pdf

Probably a little smaller than RSGB field day rule set - including the HF
and the VHF general rules. But notice the category and scoring system and
you see what ARRL are encouraging. RSGB NFD rules especially on HF are about
discouraging - they are too restrictive.

May be I am treading on some hallowed turf with my next comment: Stop
looking to the past glories look towards the future and make decisions about
the future not the so called golden past of 10 watts DC input with a peddle
generator, a TRF receiver with a bit of wire thrown over a tree.

73 David G3YYD