[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 116, Issue 39

Robert Chipperfield robert at syxis.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 17:42:07 EDT 2012

On 30/08/2012 21:15, Steve White wrote:
> I wonder how many of the groups had additional non-operating help, or
> is a 'closed shop' in operation at some stations? If so it wouldn't be
> the first time I'd heard of it.

I can't comment on CW FD for us, as unfortunately we weren't able to put
in an entry - the bank holiday weekend meant several other events took
priority this year.

However, for this weekend, it's looking like the number of non-operators
will significantly exceed the number of operators! We've had two
volunteers to come to site armed with chocolate brownies, another to
make the tea, one foundation licensee who's also bringing his two
daughters along for a weekend of camping, another who's not yet taken
his foundation exam (but has done the practicals), and I'm sure there'll
be plenty more besides that.

We won't promise any winning entries, but do aim to have some fun along
with the BBQ:

- G3PYE/P with 2 * 17-ele + 9-ele for the 2m Trophy, co-sited with
- G6PYE/P in the open section of SSB Field Day

Look forward to catching you all on the bands this weekend!

73,
Rob, M0VFC