[UK-CONTEST] Connectors

David Ferrington, M0XDF M0XDF at Alphadene.co.uk
Fri Feb 3 03:41:20 PST 2012

Because most of the states and a lot of other countries use PL259s.

One avantage (coming back to Ian's post) is that you can't easily get N and 259s mixed up.

My FT-857 has both an N-type for VHF+ and a PL259 for HF. I understand the units sold in the US have just 2 259s.
- 73 de M0XDF
--
When one door closes another door opens; but we so often look so long and
so regretfully upon the closed door, that we do not see the ones which open