[UK-CONTEST] Connectors

David g3yyd at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 4 02:00:52 PST 2012

The place to go for connectors is

http://www.whwestlake.co.uk/

When you click on his connectors line it then takes you to here:

http://www.qsl.net/g4cqm/pdf/connectors-components.pdf

>From Henry you can get the nickel plated horrible ones, silver plated ones
and in my opinion the best especially for critical indoor and definitely for
outdoor braid clamp ones.

I have dealt with Henry for years and always found him excellent.

Ian GM3SEK: I use RG142 5mm diameter for winding baluns. Power rating is 10
times that of RG58 due to the use of PTFE rather than PE. It also has a
double silver plated braid. RG58 is marginal for RTTY contesting on 10m. It
costs but do not need much for a balun. Henry does do a 6mm solder job for
RG8X.

73 David