[UK-CONTEST] Connectors

Stewart Rolfe gw0etf at btinternet.com
Sat Feb 4 02:22:40 PST 2012

Darrell,

I've had exactly the same problem with the input SO259 into my Acom 1000. At one point I thought the relay was playing up and was touch and go whether I was going to delve inside..

Sometimes excess solder on the centre pin can cause over-widening the receptacle but cheap plugs with over-sized pins will do it too; you only find out when you plug in a different patch lead later.

I buy mil-spec types from Henry at Westlake or get them from Farnell (Greenpar I think). Amphenol seem to be the ones to get (according to the Americans) but they seem to difficult to find at a sensible price over here.

73,

Stewart, GW0ETF