[UK-CONTEST] Contest Signal Quality

David Cree daveg3tbk at googlemail.com
Tue Feb 21 05:43:27 PST 2012

I totally agree with you Clive, I'm certain some of these mega-contest
stations do it deliberately.

Listening briefly to Eu stations this weekend (too busy running my own
pile most of the time!) it was evident that a few where very wide with
modulated cw. So it must be equally evident to the adjudicators in the
US if they monitor at all.

Perhaps we should all note the worse offenders and list them in our
soapbox.

I noted the same issue in the recent WPX RTTY event - a few stations
took up a heck of a lot of spectrum - they all seem to come from Eastern
Europe.

73 Dave J88DR / G3TBK