[UK-CONTEST] 2012 UKAC = Rule canges

Malcolm Bryan malcolm.bryan at googlemail.com
Sun Jan 1 08:08:07 PST 2012

Hi Bob

My guess is there are very few with multiple fixed antennas but no rotator.
Most likely I would think is a fixed horizontal beam (in the loft) and a
vertical for FM.

As it happens I run this sort of setup at the French QTH. I live in a
valley on a north facing slope. My only sensible VHF takeoff is NE so I
have a 4 ele in the loft beamed that way which allows me to work ON, PA
etc. I also have a 4 ele on 313 deg pointing at UK but with a ridge 50m
higher than me in the way. The 4 ele is wide enough to cover the UK without
rotating.

However, there is no need to use the NE antenna in UKACs as I get no points
for working non UK stations !!!! I also have a omni directional vertical
for working FM mobiles

My guess is this is a relatively unusual set of circumstances and is the
main reason I generally do UKACs from the portable location on top of the
ridge. However, I support the changes if it gets other people on.

73
Malcolm
G8MCA / F1VNR