[UK-CONTEST] Power Limitations

Ray Hills g3hrh at btinternet.com
Sat Jan 28 03:21:43 PST 2012

I don't think using ERP to set the limit will work because few, if any,
actually have the ability to determine it accurately.  They would have to
rely on the antenna manufacturers' claims, not all of which are reliable -
or even credible.  Power into the antenna is OK because many (most?) have a
Bird, especially if it has the peak power modification.  I find it very
reassuring to have a Bird permanently in circuit, as part of the antenna
patch panel set-up, to make sure that all is both healthy and within the
power limit for any particular contest.

Ray  G3HRH