[UK-CONTEST] VHFNFD

David g3yyd at btinternet.com
Tue Jul 10 09:28:39 PDT 2012

The Verulam club (G3VER/P) was out again in this contest. We got wet and the
tent leaked. Carefully move tables around use tarpaulin which was brought to
cover tent to keep the sun out so we could read the screens. In this case
used to keep rain out - sun what was that.

The generators did not miss a beat we were running three stations off a
couple of Honda 2KW generators ganged together.

Activity was down from last year.

This is the last time we will be doing VHFNFD too much effort for little
reward. We will be concentrating on HF contests from now on. Especially the
QSO rich contests involving all the HF contest bands. Greater operator
satisfaction with a lot less station build effort. Making 2000+ QSOs in a 48
hour contest  is a lot more rewarding.

73 David G3YYD
Contest Manager for VARC