[UK-CONTEST] VHF NFD mishaps

Chris G4FZN ukcontest at mailbox01.freeserve.co.uk
Tue Jul 10 08:28:27 PDT 2012

Disasters come in threes.

1.	A member of our group went home with a pump-up mast which fell over
onto his car windscreen, broke the windscreen and bent the top section of
the mast which will no longer retract.

2.	Another member lost both his 70cm antennas and one of the 23cm
antennas which were on the top of said mast.

3.	The frame of my frame tent is now a different shape to the tent.

(So my PA "mishap" is relatively insignificant. I suspect it was because the
PSU was giving 53v out instead of the recommended 48v which is right on the
edge of the spec for the MRF6VP2600H chip.)

But don't worry, Tim, it hasn't affected my 70MHz portable station :-)

Activity on 144MHz seemed very low. Over a hundred Q's down on last year.
Once again, DR9A was best dx at 904k.

--
Chris
G4FZN (M0NFD/P)