[UK-CONTEST] 432 UKAC 10/07/12

Rob Harrison robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Jul 11 07:17:37 PDT 2012

Hi,

Just a quick note on events last evening.

Unfortunately just pior to the start and for at least 30 mins after, there was a large thunderstorm tracking through, so the contest took 2nd place at the time. I also hadn't wound the mast up to full height during the day due to brisk winds. So the mast stayed low and other distractions rendered it a poor evening, and how conditions were is a bit of a guess, but they weren't great.

Overall 15 contacts, 6 UK mults and 5 EU, ODX was DL8GP in JN39 at 526km. I did hear and call GI4SNA several time, but the QSB or rather AS wasn't playing ball.

73 Bob G8HGN