[UK-CONTEST] 80m Low Dipole

Darren G0TSM daz at g0tsm.com
Thu Jul 12 14:15:33 PDT 2012

Here I'm currently playing with a 40/80 inverted V fed at 40ft/12M. I
use one feeder but the dipoles are arranged in a sort of 'squashed X'.
Just tuning around 40M in the daytime G*s can be anything up to 6-8 S
units better on the dipole compared against a vert with elevated
radials. I haven't really tried 80M yet but results are promising around
Eu. The reason for the squashed X config is that this arrangement
basically guys a 12M spiderpole, without needing any more nylon rope.

73 Darren G0TSM