[UK-CONTEST] Users of N1MM & MMTTY

David g3yyd at btinternet.com
Fri Jul 20 13:27:57 PDT 2012

If you are a user of N1MM and MMTTY and would be interested in testing and
giving me feedback on a replacement software for MMTTY then please email me
direct.

73 David G3YYD

A few brief notes:

I have been developing over the last couple of years a RTTY software program
that outperforms MMTTY. Earlier in the year I adapted the program to work
with N1MM. This software performed flawlessly in the BARTG March contest.

>From a users perspective my program is very simple to set up as it is
already optimised. The screen space occupied is much smaller than MMTTY but
the FFT is much faster making tuning a signal very easy. The AFC is on all
the time as it will lock onto a RTTY signal that is below even poor copy
level. It also uses about a fifth of the MMTTY CPU demand although this is
not a problem on a modern PC/laptop.

On TX only AFSK can be used as AFC is on the whole time it is necessary to
match the TX frequency with the RX frequency via AFSK.

The testing is not just about the software but also the documentation and
ease of installation. The package comes as a zip file of about 134Kbytes.

As N1MM DI allows multiple receive windows it is possible to open a second
window to compare my software with other N1MM RTTY programs.