[UK-CONTEST] IOTA Multi-op rules

Chris Tran GM3WOJ gm3woj at christran.net
Mon Jul 23 00:24:51 PDT 2012

Hello uk-contesters

I am taking a break from the IOTA contest this year, partly because of the
consultation-free, ill-considered mangling of the Multi-op rules.

Despite my best efforts on and off-reflector to correct things over the last
4 months, the rules as published today (23rd July) on the website contain a
seriously-flawed rule 4.2 - the last paragraph definition of what
constitutes a 'band change' is wrong.

I do not see how this rule can possibly be changed at this last minute and
it appears to me that no participants in the IOTA Multi-op section could be
penalised for what is a badly-worded rule, with a glaring loophole.

73
Chris
GM3WOJ