[UK-CONTEST] deadline

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Mon Jul 23 03:41:27 PDT 2012

Well I managed to submit my low power field day log this morning, 17
hours after the end of the contest. It included a vital good nights
sleep, which you missed from your calculation. If I had a 9-5 day job
it would have been this evening before I could have got round to it. In
my case it was just a short drive home afterwards, in many cases it
would entail a long drive home. In the low power contest I assume quite
a few others were using paper logging judging by the number of
attempted repeat QSOs.

If you want a 'fast entry upload' section have it as a separate
section. Seven days is reasonable for general entries. Regarding the CC
events we have had at least one of our Bracknell members deciding to
drop out of this year's series with the comment:

"I seem to have lost interest in CC this year. It seems to be getting
more like any other contest with people hogging frequencies before the
start, so-called QRP stations making 100+ scores, people who don't know
how to use a receiver, and pile-ups when you are trying to call some
stations. In short it's no longer the short relaxed contest I used to
enjoy."

I share some of those views, and with declining participation from our
members I suspect I will also be giving it a miss next year, whatever
the entry deadline.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com