[UK-CONTEST] Is it time for contest sponsors to introduce an ident rule?

Paul O'Kane pokane at ei5di.com
Tue Jul 31 01:20:24 PDT 2012

On 31/07/2012 09:07, Olof Lundberg wrote:

> Yes, indeed poor style not to id at least every few calls whatever the size
> of the pile-up.

Wrong - given that all the callers already know
your callsign (via the internet), there is no
point in IDing unless you run out of callers.
It's a contest - and faster is often better.

As for the potential callers who move on because
you're not IDing, that's their loss and, anyway,
most of them will try again later.

<snip>

> We will never turn the clock back on cluster and RBN whatever Paul is
> dreaming, nor would it be a good thing to stop technology evolution and
> turn the hobby into a museum.

Did you hear about the Olympian who turned up
for the high jump carrying a pole?  He claimed
it would encourage technology evolution, and
prevent high jumping becoming a legacy event.

73,
Paul EI5DI