[UK-CONTEST] Is it time for contest sponsors to introduce an ident rule?

Bob Henderson bob at 5b4agn.net
Tue Jul 31 02:46:42 PDT 2012

Hi Don and all

This isn't simply an IOTA phenomena,  I have noticed its creeping effect
upon several events.

I believe the introduction of a rule legislating for ID frequency at say 3
Q max or whatever deemed appropriate could work.  Here's why:

1.  Infractions would be publicly aired and verifiable beyond doubt.
2.  SDR referee technology could make the odds of getting caught high.
3.  Participants observing such an infraction only need report frequency
and time to make discovery & verification a breeze.

I believe a significant perceived risk of sanction should be enough to
discourage the wayward.

I hope RSGB CC will give this consideration.

Bob, 5B4AGN