[UK-CONTEST] Is it time for contest sponsors to introduce an ident rule?

Don Field don.field at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 02:54:09 PDT 2012

Not to speak for the Contest Cttee as a whole, and I don't see any
possibility of a "team of referees sweeping the bands" as per one
suggestion.

But one observation, having just returned from OJ0 (great time, with G3TXF,
SM0W and SM0T). We didn't have a reliable Internet there for mult chasing
(so our mult total is actually quite modest) but a number of stations
almost certainly lost a potential EU-053 mult by not identifying as we
didn't have time to hang around, so there is a downside to them in that
respect. Interestingly, there is another issue in IOTA which is, when
someone is CQing from an IOTA, they need to make that clear - our mult
station didn't always know whether to call, say, a DL, not knowing whether
it was a new mult or a non-island station. So not just IDing in that case,
but mentioning the IOTA reference, might have gained them points too!

FWIW.

Don G3XTT