[UK-CONTEST] UK-Contest Digest, Vol 115, Issue 33

Geoff Dover G4AFJ geoffrey at geoffg4afj.plus.com
Tue Jul 31 05:28:39 PDT 2012

Got TO AGREE abt the no id problem.

Two possible solutions: don't work them but then u may lose out or ask for
their call!

Don XTT makes a very valid point abt the DL's,  etc where they could be
IOTAS and thus more valuable but if we don't hear it we may move on but
isn't it worth the risk to call and find out!

Tongue in cheek now.

You could call the non-ider to work him giving a partial call and ask for
his call with out completing your call!

I think I am correct in pointing out that on vhf where a contact can be
marginal it's acceptable to ask for the call and repeat "ur call" several
times to make sure the other guy knows he must ensure you have the call
correct.

73,

Geoff Dover, G4AFJ,
31 Newbold Road,