[UK-CONTEST] [Expertamp] Re: Expert 1KFA

Chuck Schott chuckschott727 at yahoo.com
Mon Jul 30 12:40:42 PDT 2012

The SPE Expert 1K FA is the only hf amp I have ever owned, so  I can't make much of an comparison. However, from the reports I get on the air, I will make sure I keep it for a while. I  run SSB, AM and FM (no CW). There is an initial setup that you must do and occasionally re tune it for different conditions, but it tunes up just great. I have a friend who owns another fine amp, the THP 1gallon, and he is amazed at how quick I can change bands and be ready to go.

If you are allowed to run 2 kw, then get then get the 2 kw version, but either way, you can't go wrong.

73
Chuck
K4grp in Ohio.