[UK-CONTEST] Is it time for contest sponsors to introduce anident rule?

Ian White GM3SEK gm3sek at ifwtech.co.uk
Tue Jul 31 12:24:11 PDT 2012

Roger Western wrote:
>Maybe peer pressure would help: send the worst offenders a brief e-mail
>explaining why you are annoyed. If they received many such e-mails
>after the contest maybe they would mend their ways, or at least their
>selfish attitudes. This situation needs a bottom-up culture shift but
>contest sponsors could at least publicly criticise this tactic. 73 de
>Roger/G3SXW.

Yes, it does need both. Peer pressure has the weight of numbers, but it
means nothing unless we also see a firm stand from the rule-makers.

But e-mails after the contest are too late. One way of applying pressure
*during* the contest (with very little overhead for the victims) would
be to spot such stations as a "No ID". That would place a complaint on
the permanent record, complete with frequency and time. We can surely
credit the adjudicators with the sense to distinguish between genuine
complaints and an orchestrated campaign.

--

73 from Ian GM3SEK
http://www.ifwtech.co.uk/g3sek