[UK-CONTEST] Is it time for contest sponsors to introduce an ident rule?

Bob Henderson bob.5b4agn at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:50:18 PDT 2012

An interesting post.  I read all the way through wondering who in Cyprus
might have been sending at 40 wpm and IDing only after 5 Qs.  I was
astounded to find I am the accused.

Your claim concerning my ID practice in IOTA is entirely untrue.

At no time did I send at speeds above 34 wpm and then only when the pile
was thick.  I mostly operated at 30 or 32 wpm dropping back to under 30 wpm
when things got slow.  My operating routine has me ID after every QSO
unless my instantaneous rate exceeds 3Q/min at which point I ID after every
2nd Q until the rate drops.  Only if rate reaches 4Q/min will I ID after
every 3rd Q.  During the whole of the IOTA contest there were no more than
two or three periods, each lasting no more than 3 minutes each, in which my
ID count got to 3Q.

At no time did I exceed 3Q between ID which at a 4Q/min rate makes the
longest gap between ID 45 seconds.

For now I will put down your erroneous observations to your inexperience
but you should understand how unhappy I am you have chosen to undermine
discussion and impugn my integrity in this way.

Bob, 5B4AGN