[UK-CONTEST] NFD G4OGB/P

dave daveg3tbk at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 7 04:59:43 PDT 2012

Roger,

I can't see why anyone wishing to advance technology would dream of
moving to DARC Field day rules.

DARC Rules permit only one Transceiver in ALL sections, even a Spare may
not be connected.
The only things they allow that RSGB doesn't is the use of the Cluster,
and in one section a Linear. I also suspect a lot of team's sites would
not meet the DARC criteria.

We (G3TBK/P) operated in the Open section, with 2 interlocked rigs -
hence for the first time for many years we will not be submitting an
entry to DARC. We also had an on-Site Skimmer on a third RX to populate
the Band-Maps.

Unlike many who seem against change and progress we welcomed the new
rules and did what we could to take advantage of them - without spending
a fortune!
All Ops enjoyed interleaving QSOs on the two rigs and thus gained a
useful new skill. After many years of setting up basically the same
station it was fun to try some new ideas. Sorry for those who threw the
baby out with the bath water, I hope they enjoyed their Jubilee parties
as much as we enjoyed NFD.

73
Dave G3TBK