[UK-CONTEST] UKAC - Less bias!

Ray James gm4cxm at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 05:13:46 PDT 2012

--- On Thu, 7/6/12, John Lemay <john at carltonhouse.eclipse.co.uk> wrote:

> I enjoy taking part and winning is not everything, but I do not take part
unless I see less bias in the rules.

> Regards
> John G4ZTR

Less bias? LOL.

We now enjoy far less bias than previously under M2 and this has resulted in ever increasing participation, often month on month. Greater numbers appearing on a regular basis so far less one month wonders. A greater national spread of top position chasers making each month an uncertainty of who'll come out on top and thereby making the UKAC results so much less predictable and definately more competitive.
Have a look at the results 5 months in for every UKAC band(s) and you'll see the proof!
There are no runaway winners and in fact just about every table for every section shows less than 1000 points difference between the top stations.
I've seen some with the same score and some with as few as 13 points between top and second place which means it'll go to the wire (December) before many bands/section places will be decided finally.

Groups like Camb-Hams are a shining example what can still be achieved from JO02. They are proof positive.

73 Ray GM4CXM