[UK-CONTEST] Start & End Times

Rob Harrison robharrison at g8hgn.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Jun 7 10:17:46 PDT 2012

Hi Chris,

Well my logging program puts the time stamp on when I enter a sent signal
report and hit return, you can fill in the rest as you go along. For
instance if working you I could put in G4FZN/p and 57S say, hit return and
it would time stamp it then, as I get the rest of the info' I then add it
until all is ok then hit "Y" and it's recorded. So there's another
perspective.

The OP Adrian asked about UKAC on 144, and we tend to do things differently
than on HF. CC please bear that in mind when formulating any new global
contest rules. All other comments are valid, but until and when CC
specifically refer to VHF/UHF, we don't have a definitive answer. It has
been accepted by most on VHF/UHF in the past that any QSO started before
times up, could be completed, due to QSB, noise, etc, but if it was clear
the contact could not be made quickly then it was abandoned, and I'm ok with
that. I'm also ok with whatever published rules are forthcoming either way.

I can understand in a high speed CW HF contest you could complete several
QSO's in the time between the official end time and your local time by your
clock, PC or whatever you use. I've looked at the website pages and didn't
spot any reference to times apart from the start/finish times of each
contest, which you would think was self explanatory, but it appears not.
With reference to Paul's post, that was 2006, six years ago. Maybe it needs
re-affirming.

73

Bob G8HGN