[UK-CONTEST] Start & End Times

Tony G4NBS tony.nbs at btinternet.com
Thu Jun 7 14:01:43 PDT 2012

Not on the fence at all Paul

The relevance of GJV verses Minos was lost on you, sorry I didn't explain.
Was meaning to say GJV took the logging as it was accepted on VHF at the
time the program was written (in DOS days). Minos being updated for Windose
now takes the rules as they are interpreted today.

It was always accepted (back then) that Mastermind rules applied. Things
appear to have changed and the point of my comment was the same as Bob's. It
might have been discussed and confirmed for HF contests but the VHF contests
were not (as far as I'm aware) ever advised of a change in attitude. Not
that long ago they were different committees with different interpretations
of the same ruling it seems. Thought Bob covered the "extra" time comment
quite well so no comment needed other than if its been abused by some then I
understand the reasons for tightening up. No objections, just attempting to
explain why it appears different between the two camps.

>From previous posts I see you believe all reports should be 59(9) - I think
a lot of VHF contesters still prefer to have a meaningful exchange and not
have HF ideals forced onto them? The relevence is that on HF you only want
to hear call and serial, the exchange is complete in next to no time and 4
QSO's would be in the log before the minute clocked over.

Regards
Tony