[UK-CONTEST] NFD Antennas

G3nks g3nks at blueyonder.co.uk
Fri Jun 8 03:30:41 PDT 2012

Look at FAQ section of rules on hfc website for aswer to    radials. Yes u cud do single op but we'd miss u! De G3NKS/M  on M1.

Sent from Samsung Mobile

GORDON BROWN <gordonbrowns at virginmedia.com> wrote:

I'm thinking about antennas for next year.
Are the radials of a ground plane antenna included in the total wire length?
How does one calculate the radial length if it is a wire mesh eg. chicken wire?
If the radials are included does this still apply if they are laid on
the ground - a ground mounted vertical with earth radials?
Is a counterpoise allowed in addition to the antenna wire length?
In the rules it states that - 'All sections are multi operator' - does
this preclude me from going it alone next year?

73 Gordon G3MZV