[UK-CONTEST] RSGB 6m TROPHY CONTEST and IARU R1 6m CONTEST

Steve g8gsq72 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 8 09:24:56 PDT 2012

This isn't a direct answer to Andy's question, but can I offer a few
comments from an adjudicator's point of view?

For this, as with most, VHF contests there's no specified mode - phone
or cw both count, even when mixed within a contact. Please try to make
sure that the log you send in has the correct RS(T) - programs intended
for hf use might not always switch easily between modes. If you have
problems with producing the finished log, at least please send some
comments to indicate which contacts are mixed mode. If you change modes
within a contact, stick with the first report you send or receive.

Hopefully the band will be open and there will be interesting dx to be
worked. Some dx stations might not be interested in providing full, or
even partial, locators and/or serial numbers - some might not even know
their full 6 char. locator. Contest entrants should always send the full
contest exchange, but please put in your log only what you receive.
RSGBCC takes a practical view regarding such contacts and copes, e.g.,
where a dx station starts sending serial numbers or full locator after a
while when they realise that's what callers want to receive. All
contacts are rescored to a common standard as part of the checking process.

For IARU R1 contest the rules are less flexible. Only contacts with a
full 6 character locator are valid. Don't shoot the messenger :-)

If any readers are members of other worldwide 6m discussion groups, it
might be helpful to broadcast that during the contest (1400UTC 16th June
- 1400UTC 17th June) many EU stations will appreciate receiving a serial
number and 6 character locator.

Steve G8GSQ