[UK-CONTEST] After the 6m CW contest

G0HVQ g0hvq at talktalk.net
Mon Jun 25 12:14:48 PDT 2012

I certainly enjoyed the contest - no sustained Es but some good contacts
from EA, ZB and CN, plus tropo/MS/something to DL (didn't feel like Es).
3hrs felt about right, although a bit more Es was starting right at the end
of the contest, heard the 9H in the last few mins but didn't work him. The
fading was a bit cruel at times (as it can be on 6m) but generally signals
seemed up. I pointed the yagi at GI/GM a few times but worked nothing
further north than IO84.

I used N1MM to log, normally use the macros for HF CW contests but actually
used the paddle 100% of the time for this one, maybe because it was a bit
quieter than your average HF CW contest. Nice to hear a few of the HF
regulars on 6m :-)

You never know what 6m will produce in June, unfortunately this time around
it produced nothing special but the potential is there - I worked 21 US
stations on Fri night, and heard a few snippets from JA this
morning....that's why they call it the magic band :-)

73
Darrell G0HVQ