[UK-CONTEST] UBNs - ARRL DX CW

Dave Sergeant dave at davesergeant.com
Wed Jun 27 08:58:29 PDT 2012

This thread has drifted way from my original posting. Whether or not
ARRL check RST exchanges or not (but RSGB do...) the reported errors
were in the rest of the exchange, in this case the power sent. It may
be a pointless thing to send, but it is indeed checked by the
adjudicators. Just as you would check that the received locator is
correct in VHF contests. Yes, every one of my QSOs had a 599, but that
is a fact of life on HF and whatever you say on here won't change the
situation.

Oh, and by the way, the ARRL UBNs are at present only available to us
ARRL members.

73 Dave G3YMC

http://www.davesergeant.com